Announcing My Book, “Meet The Frugalwoods: Achieving Financial Independence Through Simple Living”

Announcing My Book, “Meet The Frugalwoods: Achieving Financial Independence Through Simple Living”

We’re financially independent for the last couple of years but still do a little work for one of our clients. Over the last few years we’ve converted all our investments to low cost index funds. I love JL Collins’ “FU money”.


First, I want to write my own travel blog. I want to write about the places we go, whether it's the cruise to Bermuda or the day-trip to the local basilica twenty minutes away. It’s still just sitting in Word.


b) She is absolutely deluded about why other people don't have any money. Like, she marries her boyfriend who she begins dating when she is 20, and essentially makes an entirely other income accessible to herself? Good decision making financially?


I don’t know why I still read these kinds of books, there really is not anything new- still number one tip in all of them is Don’t buy things. I’d have rather read the account of one of those brave folks than the smug musings of a woman who just can’t seem to be happy anywhere but her 69 acre wooded homestead in the middle of Vermont. I really enjoy the author’s blog and have incorporated a lot of her ideas into my own life. So, I was excited to read her book. For some reason I thought it would be more of a lifestyle book.


I had never heard of "Frugalwoods," the blog of personal finance and frugality blogger Elizabeth Willard Thames, before checking out this audiobook on a whim. In their twenties, Thames and her husband decided to enact "extreme frugality" in order to achieve their dream of living on a Vermont homestead and being financially independent. They saved over 70% of their joint income--no small thing in expensive Boston--and reached their goal in three years. I am a dedicated reader of the author's blog Frugalwoods.com which I have enjoyed reading and following for the last couple of years.


I just read your book in one sitting on my Kindle. Although we are at different stages of life your thought processes are so inspirational. Congratulations on a book well written with such warmth, humor, and candor.


I feel entirely discouraged at myself already. I’ve written several books (real ones, published on actual paper by actual publishing houses).


Instead our extra money went to sponsor family to be educated. For us that's what success is. Helping someone help themselves. So to the author the happiness you seek isn't in retirement in wildness its your legacy to the world. And for someone who works in charities you do so little.


I still adore that series to this day, so I can only expect the same for your beautiful (inside and out) book. I have been waiting for you to write a book!!


Thames holds BAs in political science and creative writing from the University of Kansas and an MA in public administration from American University. Prior to following her calling as a writer and homesteader, she worked for ten years in the nonprofit sector as a fund-raiser and communications manager. From $300 hair cuts, $40 artisan cheese, $500 per month bubbly water and $300 per month hot yoga this woman and her husband have NO CONCEPT OF FRUGALITY. Its a joke - reading this book angered me. I actually would like to tell the author about my dad. A simple man born to farmers in Fiji.


Lastly, one thing I’ve learned from writing for fundraising (which I’m sure you did a lot too), is that it doesn’t matter how great a writer a person is, they still need an editor! Everything gets edited to bits in order to be good, so I hope your ego wasn’t bruised too much by the process. Any book that doesn’t get a ton of editing won’t come out well.


Thank you, Liz, for sharing your knowledge. I read this blog religiously and it’s really changed my financial life. And thank-you for your candid picture of writing a book.


It was a matter of time that you were writing a book. I found this blog a couple weeks ago and it was so refreshing to get your perspective on frugality and the important things in life. It made me feel less crazy for my frugality weirdoness– free to abandon the extra throw pillows that don’t spark joy and the ability to dream about a life lived how you CHOOSE to live it. Thanks from a 23 year-old (just a baby!) who loves this blog, the vision, and your inspiring work ethic to write that book.


I am sure your book will more than pay for itself and so look forward to it’s arrival and then lending it to my children. I just pre-ordered and really want to thank you so much for the inspiring blog. I love your message and I love your writing.


Yet they won't make blogs or pen down stories for loaylities they use each moment to survive. Meet the Frugalwoods is the intriguing story of how Elizabeth and Nate realized that the mainstream path wasn't for them, crafted a lifestyle of sustainable frugality, and reached financial independence at age thirty-two. While not everyone wants to live in the woods, or quit their jobs, many of us want to have more control over our time and money and lead more meaningful, simplified lives. Following their advice, you too can live your best life.


Seek out a professional for financial advice. Seeherefor our disclosures around credit cards.

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

Day Trading For a Living

Best Trading Psychology Books for All Trading Styles and Markets

Fibonacci Retracement Definition & Levels